This Special Recipe dedicated to my Mom and All U mommy's there reading me :) Happy Mothers Day!!!
Vermicelli and Tutti Fruity along with Vanilla Flavored Custard!! Dosent that sound interesting???
Yes Ofcourse this was part of my experiment. I love vanilla custard with fruits so does my family we always want to have more and more of it, cant have enough of it. But at times when we carve to have milk custard its not important that we have all the ingredients and fruits available at home every time.
I had some alteration in my mind which I wanted to try until I saw Rafeeda's Sewiya Custard do have a look at her recipe. I dint go exactly her way, but the title was enough for me to encourage. Thank You Rafeeda your recipe title induced me to create something of my own :) What I needed was simple and had it in my pantry available. So I just wanted a work gap apart from daily chores and there I started my experiment in my very kitchen lab ;)
100 gms vermicelli thick variety
half liter full cream milk
3-4 tblsp custard powder
Water 1 cup
Sugar as desired
Tutti Fruity As Much as needed
Almonds Blanched and Sliced up
More Water For boiling vermicelli
- Boil milk in a pan along with 1 cup water, and side by side take another pan pour in water and let it come to boil.
- As soon as water boils, add in vermicelli and let it cook till 90% done, Let all its starch release in water.(see notes) Wash it under running water and set aside. till we prepare custard this wont take more than 2 mins
- Mean while milk is boiled, make paste of custard powder with water or extra milk.
- As milk is boiling add in the custard paste and cook till it is almost done. takes around 2-3 mins with constant stirring
- Now add sugar and vermicelli and let it cook till done and you get nice thickness of custard. At this point if you want more thickness you can add more custard powder and make sure to cook it well so that no powdery taste emitts
- Let it rest. Finally It will look like this as in pic below :)
- Serve it Chilled :)
We can find separate strands of vermicelli with their distinct color visible from food color (see notes)
Add in Almonds into the custard or either use for garnishing choice is yours
Wash Tutti Fruity and strain the water. Garnish it before serving!!
- I have added a pinch of food color here to give vermicelli a different look within the custard. its purely optional but it gave a better appearance
- Running vermicelli under cold water is to stop the cooking process as well as the food color to bleed of. I dint wanted the food color to ruin my custard color. But still after so much precautions lil color from vermicelli did bleed into my custard and gave better look to it I guess :)
- I added extra 1 cup of water to the milk because I just had a feeling that after adding vermicelli it might absorb some moisture, and also custard consistency which I wanted was not very thick nor thin, go with your instinct here
- Washing Tutti Fruity is my personal choice. It has some kind of sweetness which I observed previously that it ruins the taste of prepared desserts, So Now when I use it I make sure to wash it and use along with anything.
- I never measure sugar while preparing such things, As I keep adjusting the sweetness. Make sure Add lil more sugar than you feel is perfect when the custard is hot, Basically when any food is chilled it give show u as less sugar taste (specially to milk based dishes), so to avoid this I make sure to add lil added sugar than the perfect sweetness desired
- Adding Almonds Is again optional but it will give some crunchiness to the whole thing :)
It was just perfect for our custard carvings!!!
Crunchy Chewy Saucy and Slippery Lip Smacking Treat
Everyone enjoyed even the last drop of it :)
My mom liked it alot and also suggested me to dry roast the vermicelli next time and then do the following procedure, so that nice aroma gets fused in to the dessert, I tot for a while, then said will try next time :)
Love u miiiii *hugs*
And yes Mum's can give some better suggestions we cant think of!!
Cheers to All you Lovely Ladies There :)
Sending my entry to
Cutchi Kitchen - 100th post give away by shazia