We call It Tarkul!!! Tadgola (in Marathi) is called Ice-apple in English (lovely name), Nungu in Tamil, Tala in Oriya, Tari in Hindi, Taal in Bengali, Tale Hannu or Tateningu in Kannada, Pana Nanguin in Malayalam, Munjal in Urdu, Tadfali in Gujarati and Targula in Konkani.
This is how the peeled ones look like
Large shinning pearls kept inside a bowl :) thats wat I felt after seeing the pic
Mom & Dad make sure we have this treat every summer.
I also read in google that its good for people sufferring from chickenpox it might help them reduce the number of days of suffering as it is a coolant to body.
It contains phosphorous n calcium also can reduce exceeding white discharge in women
No FATS or CARBOHYDRATES cans be found So All Dieters Go Go enjoy ur treat :)
It also cures stomach n skin disorder and is good for digestion in pregnant women facing constipation and acidity problem. Better than any juices which contain high calories. Google can Teach Me all :) and Im one of the Dedicated Student Google Can ever have :P lolz
Sorry mango Lovers Reading My Post!!!! But the above content is true :) something which mangoes cannot provide.
Coming back to the recipe
(Dont Forget To Read Notes) I certainly was thinking what to name it and just named it as the picture is presented here.
This one is my childhood fav mom used to make it and I was always greedy to have more n more y not?? Who wants to leave such yummy treat so quickly????
Boil Half Liter Full Fats Milk and sugar according to your taste to make it sweet enough and cook in low flame for 2-3 mins stirring it.
Chop the above fruit roughly Add into the milk. Refrigerate n Serve Chill Your Done :)
This Dosent End here. When its nicely Chilled Imagine What u get??? The flavors of ice apple gets fused with milk and bring out a distinct flavor to the whole thing!!. Ice Apple Taste Like Sweet Tender Coconut and the taste of milk Is something I cant explain. Sometimes I get confused If I want More of Milk or these Floating Chunks :)
Presenting another Variation To this Dessert!!!
Chop up the fruit and Add in 3 tsp Of Rooh Afza Or Rose Syrup. Mix it well. You will get something like this
My Pinky Pearls :D Looks Cute Dosent It???
Now Mix This In prepared Boiled milk as mentioned above. And It will Look Like This
Rose Color has got mixed with milk Giving Out a pretty color to both.
Chill It and your ready to serve :)
- Make Sure u get fresh soft fruits for this. Harder ones Dont serve the purpose right they can be served as it is.
- Do not add these chunks into hot milk. I dont know what might be the result lolz as ive never done so.
- You might also want to grind it and see and then add into the milk as pure or small chopped chunks STOP!!! Bad idea we tried it once when I was small and the result was a thick paste which dint taste gud at all.
- If your trying the 2nd variation I would inform you 1st that i had used rooh afza and there was some smell of rooh afza coming. I did this to show another variation for blog :) You can make a try for sure :) the whole idea was to give lil coloring to these fruit chunks. Thats it!!! So you can use any food color if u like, But After adding to milk It might bleed into milk as well. Go ahead try urself!!!
- If u dont have milk ready With You You can always chop up the fruit and keep inside the fridge. once milk is boiled and cooled as mentioned above add in both and let it sit for at least 1 hr or 2 (it will help infusing flavors)
- I cant give exact measurement of fruit milk and sugar because Quantity of fruit depends on availability Milk should right enough so that there is not too much of fruit nor milk. It should go hand in hand, so you can be careful while adding milk to the fruit. When u feel this much is enough then stop it. Point is The fruit chunks should float but also not so much like one here n one there :) My pics shows it well enough!!!
- Adding flavorings or Condensed milk would make the dessert loose its original Taste!!!
- Consume within 4-5 hrs or preparation. Keep it in fridge with good cooling temp until then,
More long its kept, It will start getting some kind of thick sticking consistency from the fruit.
- Serve it after Food as dessert Or Consume it as ur evening snacks Choice is yours!!!!
What ever might be the variation :) I always go with the 1st method mentioned in this post.
I always keep the milk ready and take pleasure to chop up this fruit over the milk itself, so that the juices fall right away into milk improving the taste of dessert.
Isnt it a wonderful Summer Chiller??? If u have this fruit why wait for :) Please Go ahead This Dessert is quiet Economical Too :)
Spot Light : Summer Fruit