Friday 29 November 2013

Fool Proof Baking Without Oven Or Pressure Cooker

Fool Proof Baking Without Oven Or Pressure Cooker

You so much want to bake your own cake? and dont have an oven? Then this post is just for you you and you!!




Since Christmas is around I felt this is the right time to make a post on this topic. And Also my lovely friend Noaf was insisting me to show her this method. When I was late to make a post, she finally said Aara U love everyone and not me, U dont show any love to me hehe Well so Dear Noaf I love as much As I love everyone :P So this post Specially for You!!

Here Im not using pressure cooker, neither the most famous stone oven, or sand oven! Its just so very simple that even If u have an oven you might want to try out in stove top just for sake to knowing the result! Oh ok may be its too much to praise this method but honestly a boon for ones who want to bake. 

Before When I used to see pics of cake and recipe I would just neglect because NO OVEN!! no idea how to make cake without oven, and I just kept avoiding! some of my online frnds kept saying me about baking without oven and still I dint pay heads! until last year when I decided to bake without oven. But before that I made lots of research over this subject and finally decided to jump. This is my 1st attempt and result!!


                       Eggless Chocolate Moist Cake!


You My 2nd attempt was Eggless Yogurt Brownie 



 Then It was Mango Banana Cake


Next was Dense Dark Chocolate Brownie
All of them tasted absolute delicious! Let it be brownie or cake It was just awesome 

So here Things we need to do the baking is:
- A Round pot big enough to place the cake tin
- A well pack lid for the pot
- A small ring/ separator to hold the cake tin

Lets prepare our own oven 

Starting by pre heating the oven.
- Keep the pot over stove, place the ring in center and close the lid of the pot, In low heat let it pre heat for 10 mins or till your cake mould is ready to go in!! 



- By this time our oven is ready.... Be careful, use a hand glove or a thick variety of towel while handling things.



- Open the lid and place the cake tin inside carefully enough that ur hand skin dont touch anywhere the pot, its quiet hot! Do not tilt also, cake batter may get disturbed! so make sure u get a big enough pot to bake.


Close the lid and increase the flame to high so that the heat which has escaped while the lid is open retain back. Again put down the heat to medium low and bake for the time till required

- It is suggested not to disturb the baking time by opening the lid again and again to check But honestly I myself get excited to check if its baking or not! 

- So the tip is when ever u open the lid, and put back after checking, increase the flame for 1 min, so that it restore the lost heat inside the oven and get back to low medium heat.

- Baking time may vary according to the density of batter and also the kind of pot we are using! If it is heavy pot, it might take time, But I have always used thinner variety of aluminium or indolium. So my baking time would be exact as that of baking time taken in oven with Celsius degree.

- It is always gud to check by inserting a sekwer to check if the cake is done! if its not done! you can always extend your baking time to 5- 10 mins or more 

- Do not leave the cake inside the pot unless the recipe calls for, Some times over exposure to heat may make the cake texture dry. 


This cake show above was baked a month back at my aunts place in Nagpur. She had a ready made cake mix pack of milkmaid creations and wanted me to bake in cooker! But she had small cooker where the cake tin couldnt be placed. So I came up with my own method of baking and you can see the pic above! 


I have darken the pic shade to show the sponginess of the cake fluffy and porous  result It gave :)


At home I use this pot and this kind of lid which packs well at the Rim of the pot!

Since all of us must be having big pots at home, its easy to bake now isnt it?

Notes:
- Always keep in mind the size of tin and pot to be used! before you start preparation Check out if you can place the cake tin inside the pot easily or not! 
- If u feel anywhere there is gap between lid and rim or its loosely pack! always keep a weight on top of the lid!
- Make sure you follow the instructions for making cake properly :)
- You can use any type of ring as separator as long as It can hold the cake mould/ tin
- I had also made pizza using this method


If there is anymore quires Do feel free to ask me :)

All the best if you try this way!

Do let me know how it turned out!!





Share This

44 comments:

  1. its a great post happy to follow you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear happy to follow u back too :)

      Delete
  2. nice collection dear,i too made cakes before I get my OTG,it came out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u babitha :) Also share your collection if u have taken pics :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome idea and perfect for those who don't own an oven, The whole compilation of recipes is certainly so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hai
    One query thst heating an empty vessel/pot for long time ,,will not the pot get spoiled??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello striji yes this is a wonderful question I forgot to write about in notes!
      I forgot to take pic before starting baking in the pot, The pic ur seeing now is after baking, so it will give u little bit of spots after baking that too incase if there is any moisture in the pot, Otherwise you will get back ur vessel clean and safe. If there is any spots at all, it will go as we wash the pot, and since the whole process is done in low heat, nothing will happen to the pot! You see my pot in the pic is still sound and safe after so many baking :)

      Delete
  5. i appreciate the whole effert done by you. Have to try this once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Masha allah!.. U r a pro dear!.. fabulous outcome! Great effort n I believe this looks perhaps much more tastier just because of the awesome effort n thinking behind! Loved your attempt dear.. Just perfect! Well explained too.. I bet if you place this cake in front of anyone, no one will ever tell u din't use the oven.. Good that you showed with pictures else can't believe that this is made without an oven! Fantabulous n hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely encouraging words Im really touched the way ur brought out your words :) And yes ur true, nobody can make out if its oven baked or not! It turns out so perfect :)

      Delete
  7. Cake looks really delicious! I will definitely try it out.
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey , Really nice tip . Thanks for sharing . I will also try this out soon . Very innovative idea

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey wow.. Very nice... In fact this post is much useful for those who don't use Oven.. Thanks for sharing aara.. It's too good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!very helpful post..Thank you so much for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice Aara. An excellent post for those who wish to bake cake without an oven. So well compiled and explained. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice way of baking, aara, here I've a convection and I'm breaking my head to use it properly...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome cake dear...perfect looking just as if it was done in an oven :)
    thanks for sharing the step by step...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a useful post for new bakers. I have been following you in facebook for a while but this is my first time here. You have a lovely blog with some great recipes, happy to be your new follower

    Cheers
    Priya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post Aara . And delicious cake too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't believe you bake this without oven, Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow very nice post Aara...cake looks so perfect and yum...

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey Aara ! definitwly bookmarking this post..will for sure, come in handy . thanks for sharing dear. Hadn't been to blogsphere for some time. Hope you doing great.


    keep in touch.. rgds,

    latest post on Quick Picks blog - Snake Gourd Scrambled Egg Burji.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent post.... Happy to follow you
    http://anithajay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful post n loved all the bakes here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow very nice post Aara n much needed 1. me too yet experiment baking cake at home. tired of just drooling at the pics of awesome cakes posted by co bloggers. this post should help me... thx.
    happy to follow u , would be happier if u reciprocate ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow thats a very well explained post :) very nice way for people who might not have oven at home and are eager to bake :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Aara-nice name u've :))...I am from my wonder kitchen ,i mean blog :D...u've an awesome blog...this recipe sounds jst awesome..will try this sooner or later and let you know :))...can't w8!!..Thanx for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely post .much needed for people wihout oven or even pressure cooker.i am following you for sometime.would be happier if you follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to give this recipe to my Mum, she was asking about it only yesterday! Great tips !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice one! Can I use the aluminium foil container as cake mould in this method?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes dear you can :) thanks for visiting my space :)

      Delete
    2. Can I use a glass container as a mould?? What did you use??

      Delete
  27. Lavanya yes u can use baking glass containers as moulds as u can see ive use steel n aluminium vessels for baking, feel free to ask anything more if required

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love baking,missing out on baking since a year as we have to much of power failure and with Hawkins cooker it was impossible baking in Kerala.I was wondering regarding the baking techniques of the past centuries when electricity wasn't invented.I surfed a lot and accidentally landed here.Here in Kerala I we use Chackson's rice cooker which is completely packed.Can I try baking in that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa Thanks for stopping by!!
      And sorry for the late response as I'm unable to be active at blogging hopefully soon I would :)
      You can use any cooker to bake a cake in regards it is broad mouthed as we need to fit in the cake tin inside a pre-heated cooker, so chances for hand burns are more if u dont have sufficient space to place the tin and take out.
      Does not need that you should use only cooker, you can use and broad pots of aluminium available with you with a proper lid fitting in which you make biriyani. its not something you need to be worried about just try once and you will know. If done rightly you will get a perfect cake without doubts but in anything goes wrong still you'll be able to figure it out and correct it in second try. I did the same in initial days till I figured out how to make it right :)
      All the best

      Delete
  29. can we reuse that cooker for cooking something else???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ofcourse yes :) but here im not talking about pressure cooker Im talking only about a normal pot with proper lid I feel more comfortable that way thanks:)

      Delete
  30. Oh wow!! My life used to revolve around baking for family and friends and it's been a long time since I did so because now we don't have an oven in our house.I had looked up a lot of non oven recipes before. Before ethey all uses a pressure cooker, which again, I didn't have :/ just came across this one and now I ccant wait to try baking again!!!

    Thank you sooo much,,dil say duaein nikal rahi haen <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. Can we use sand or salt as we use in pressure cooker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not needed but if u want to use salt n sand u can do it. I personally never used salt or sand yet

      Delete
  32. Its very good thanks for sharıng

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates