I never like making soya chunks as it gives an odd pungent smell which is so much displeasing to my taste buds as well as my nostrils :P yess I get a headache which I come across smell of strong odour food! Raw smell of Soya, Tomato, Channa Dal, Potatoes comes in the list 1st.
Well what I had to do 1st is to learn how to eradicate the bad odur from this Protein Rich Soya chunks. But mean while I came across a recipe online named Soya 65 It was very interesting to me and I wanted to try out immediately as I had soya in handy.
Now the thing which happened was I did a mistake and the end result become soggy! Thats where this recipe was invented ;)
No wonder mistakes are the reason to create a new recipe :D I think Many of u should agree to this part of mine! Specially If u believe not in wasting any food which can be recreated.
Soya / Meal Maker - 1 cup Any size
Ginger Garlic paste - 1tsp heaped
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder 1 tsp
Tandoori Masala - 1tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Curd - 2 tablespoon
Coriander Leaves - 2 tablespoon
Tomato sauce - 1 tablespoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
All these things will be there in your pantry so you dont have to get any special ingredients for the recipe sake!!
- Take 2-3 glasses of water in a pan and boil the soya chunks till it get double in size, add more water if needed!! Also add salt at this boiling point.
- Leave it to rest till the soya double in size and temp of water drops!!
- Squeeze the soya nicely and wash it in clean water once again!! if u like again squeeze all excess water and remove it in a bowl
- Now add all the dry spices, ginger garlic paste, salt and curd mix it well!! allow it to marinate for minimum 15 mins and maximum till what ever time your ready to use!!
- In a non stick pan Add oil and put in this marinated soya mixture and cook for 3-5 mins till the raw smell of the mixture goes of in medium heat!!
- Once this is done add tomato ketchup and coriander leaves and toss it well
- There you got!! your Healthy Yummy Snacks is Ready!!
This is a delicious Guilt free snack For all age groups Filling and Healthy!
Serve it Hot / in Room temp Choice is Yours!!
- While cooking if u feel its getting burnt, add some water to it to avoid burning of masalas
- You can add more spices according to your taste.
- Since I use it as snacks Im using mild spices If u have intension to make it as a side dish, recreate the recipe by adding onion tempering and more spice level to make it as a side dish!! I will try this way and update u guys :D
- You can mix and match the spices as u like, but one thing for sure the taste wont disappoint you!!
- If the soya chunks are too big you may chop down to biteable size after it becomes soft and then proceed with cooking
- The same thing if u add some cornflour / maida to the mixture add some red color and deep fry it, it will become soya fry or soya 65 ;)
- Since this is a shallow fry method! Isnt it healthy?
You may sprinkle lemon juice and mix it well before serving!
Also serve with rings of raw onions!!
These Soya Chunks May Look Dry from Outside But Completely Yummy and Juicy From Inside!!
When we bite all the spicy tangy juice oozes out giving it a unique taste!!
A guilt free snack and best substitute for Vegetarians and Non- Vegetarians As Well :)
Do Try and let me know what you think about this recipe :) and also if any suggestions to make it better!!
As For now This Dish is in my menu most of the time :D
Sharing my Recipe With - Made With Love Mondays