Wednesday 29 October 2014

Instant Dates Pickle

Instant Dates Pickle

What All I Can Say For This Is Yumm Yummm Yummmm



This was my 1st attempt to make this pickle and to confess I even shooted a video recording for this!!
Unfortunatly the video has got split into 3 parts which happened by mistake and Im not a techo person. I dont know how to merge videos!! Sob Sob :(  If anyone got idea how to compress the video size and merge videos do let me know!! 

This is instant dates pickle but Highly recomended to be consumed after a day or 2 for best result!!

Ingredients:
Dates - 250gms Roughly chopped
Ginger - 2 inch thick julienne
Garlic - 1 big bulb Sliced thickly
Green Chillies - 5-6 slit
White Vinegar - 1 cup
Salt -1tsp
Sugar - 1tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4th tsp
Chilli Powder - 1tsp
Any Veg Oil - 1/4th cup

For Tempering 
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1tsp
Fenugreek powder - 1/4th tsp or seeds few 
Hing - 1/4th tsp
Onion seeds / kalaunji - 1/4th tsp

Method:
Heat oil in a pan. Add in mustard seeds and let it splutter
Lower the flame and add jeera, methi and hing, 
Next Add in green chilies, ginger and garlic, saute it for 30secs not more.
Add in turmeric and rec chilli powder mix it well.
Add in dates, vinegar salt and sugar to it
In medium heat cook for a min or 2 till it oil get separated and all the ingredients look well combined
Switch of the flame and let it cool
Bottle it and enjoy this pickle after a day or two when the flavors are fully infused and set nicely!!



I hope u liked the post and enjoy making this simple dates pickle at home!!

Next day you may find all the ingredients are soften and getting set on its own!! Taste has improved so muchhhhhh yummmm!!!! Im sure in next few days it will be more yummier than I can assume

I did bottle it up and ready to send for my uncle!! you can see now how the pickle looks



For a moment I guess the oil is more!! But It will act as a good preservative for longer run :) 

Other wise too if you feel pickle will be finished in no time, then drain of the oil and use it in something else like sabzi or pulao for acharic flavor!! 










Share This

13 comments:

  1. Looking yummy :) New recipe to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pickle looks so good and tempting. Must try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not actually a pickle fan but I'm sure it taste amazingly delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never made pickle with dates before but I am tempted. I love any kind of pickles and here's another to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness!!! I would sit and lick this just like that... so good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. tempting pickles...looks so good and an easy preparation to try

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious love this instant date pickle

    ReplyDelete
  8. mereko bhi bhej do ek bottle ...drooling :(...Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally love the colour and texture:)
    Beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow aara this is so well made :)

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates