Isnt the Title Interesting??? Look Down at the Pic just scrumptious and The Recipe So Simple
Presenting Today's Guest Post By Jaideep Riar Ji. Jai jii is based From Amritsar, Punjab and Computer engineer by profession. He had always been interested in food and a great foodie in himself!!!
He says though he likes to eats in fancy shmanzy restaurants and hotels but His love is more towards the street foods. He makes sure to eat street food as sample of every places when ever he is traveling across India or abroad.
He loves watching food and travel related shows and try to recreate it at his home for his wife and daughters as they dont like unhyginic street foods (lucky them hehe)
The Following recipe Jai ji is sharing here with us is what he saw in a travel show, where they were featuring Lahor's Famous Street Food, Simplicity it carries had drawn Jai ji to try this lovely recipe and share it with us :)
When I 1st saw the pic and recipe I instantly fell in love with it 1st thing I wanted to do was to Inbox Jai ji & ask him if he would love to be a part of guest post in my blog with this recipe :) Trust me he was so sweet accept my invitation instantly :)
Thank you Jai Ji, Its a real Pleasure to Have u as a guest Host in my blog today :) And I Wish u do many more such yummilicious Guest post Greedy Meh hehe
Jokes Apart Lets get back to the recipe
Total Time taken to cook : 20 + 10 + 10 = 40 mins
Mutton Karahi lahori street style
1 kg mutton
1/2 kg finely chopped onion
1/2 kg chopped tomato
Salt to taste,
1 tsp Turmeric powder,
2 tsp Kashmiri mirch (to taste)
Add in all the above Ingredients and Pressure Cook without water for 20 mins
Next set of Ingredients Needed
1/2 cup oil/ghee
1 and 1/2 inch Ginger Chopped
1 and half cup Yougurt / Curd
Meat Masala / Mutton masala 1tsp
1tsp Garam Masala (optional)
- In a pan Add ghee / oil let it heat,
- Add ginger and fry till nice aroma emits
- Add in the prepared Mutton mixture to the oil and dry fry for 10 minutes on high flame
- Add beaten fresh curd , meat masala and cook for more 10 minutes in medium flame
- Adjust the salt & spices Accordingly if u want more
- Your yummy Mutton Karahi Of Lahori Street Style is ready
- Serve It Hot With Naan or Tandoori Roti.
- Jai Ji prefers Ghee for oil as he is punjabi and authentic punjabi people use ghee mostly (that should be making the whole thing so rich and yummy )
- I suggest adding beaten curd as it help u giving rich saucy effect to the end product.
- Adjust your salt and spices accordingly.
- Just fry the ginger in oil, and not burn it, Burnt Ginger may become bitter to the rest part of the gravy
- I cannot suggest much of variations because this is something very authentic street food from lahore, so im not going to put in my experimental ideas here so im not thinking much on it :P
Hope u all enjoyed reading this post!! and hopefully try out this simple lahori delicacy at ur home :)