Make at home hotel style coconut chutney if ur carve it for ur idly and dosa :)
If u guys remember my post on Coconut Burfi I had mentioned abt my love for that one particular burfi I would greedily grab off was coconut burfi alone!! Though as child we have different taste and it changes as we grow, but my love for Coconut is constant!!!
Though ive stoped eating as it is, but I cannot resist drooling and munching over any food which has coconut flavor in it. Mom make a different kind of coconut chutney which we have been eating since years now but When I saw a post a year back from blogger about this coconut chutney I started carving to make it and check out. When I tasted I was literally very happy!! It was just the kind I always desire to eat with dosa. And now when ever possible ;) u know what i do ...................
Lets take a Quick Look Over this Simple Recipe
1 cup coconut pieces
1/4th cup Fried bengal grams
2-3 green chillies
Salt to taste
1/4th tsp - mustard seeds
1/4th tsp - Urad daal
Curry leaves 5-6
Fat pinch of hing
- Peel the skin of coconut pieces and Grind them along with Green chillies, fried bengal gram adding enough water to make a chutney base.
- Remove it in a bowl, add salt and keep it aside till ur ready for tempering
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds allow it to crackle, add urad dal allow it to get golden brown, Add hing and curry leaves.
- Add the tempering to coconut chutney base and mix.
- Enjoy with Anything u desire :)
- I recently in a hotel saw, chutney served was so white I was taken away with the bright color it gave in contrast to dosa. I had a chance to make coconut chutney for vadas and I scraped off the brown part from the coconut pieces thats the result of above pic seen
If not too no issues, grind the coconut as it is but the finishing will be dull as the pic given below but no compromise in taste
When we mix up the tempering with coconut paste, the result is like this :)
- I like to add little warm water too as I like chutney consistency a little loose, and not very dry
- you can add small piece of ginger if u like while grinding
- And for variation can add mint or coriander leaves while grinding
As said Hotel Style I was so happy to get the same taste at home!! Its always a spl treat for me to make this and serve
Splly on sundays :) at times when my mom is away to her mom's place :D The Kitchen Is Mine
Sending my entry to Merry Tummy Event Cooking with White
Coconut And Sugar/Salt & Dish It Out