Friday 7 November 2014

Buttered Sweet Corn

Buttered Sweet Corn

Buttered Sweet Corn Is Very Famous Street Munchers Available easily out there anywhere in market with a tag as Streamed American Sweet Corn, and again sub labels of butter n pepper, Indian chaat etc etc,  It is served in a cup which is not even 100gms.


I really used to think of getting it and taste what they are, but really dint feel like getting it ever. I used to think American sweet corns are something very expensive. Even the de-seeds American corns available in local markets were priced high few years back. Not a big thing to buy still I felt its expensive and another added point to it was I dint knew how to make use of it. Until mom bought few cobs of corn thinking its normal corn. But it was sweet!! I asked mom to get more and freezed it. You can trust my words You get cobs which is much cheaper in price, have frozen corn stock at your home and make anything you desire with these yummies,

You can follow the link and check how to make frozen sweet corn kernels at home
http://sweets-n-spices.blogspot.in/2013/10/frozen-sweetcorn-kernels-at-home.html


These days sweet corns are easily available in packet, in frozen state or just like that. Once I saw my aunt served me packed ones which she had seasoned, I dint find it tasty as well as it looked too dull, Allah knows how old it was and what method they used for preservation, all the kernals looked flat!!!
I dont know the story abroad, I am sure this would not be the case there, you can get fresh ones, canned ones, frozen ones, all soughts would be available easily!!

So with this season of sweet corn and cold weather existing in chennai this wonderful recipe serves as excellent snacks. This is personally my fav and im sure if you are a sweet corn lover you can make this at home and enjoy with your kids

Getting back to the recipe!!

Ingredients:
Sweet corn kernels - 1 cup ( Frozen/ Fresh / Boiled)
Salted Butter - 1tsp heaped + 1tsp extra
Pepper Powder - As needed
Salt - If desired

Method:
- In a pan add in 1 tsp heaped butter and toss in the sweet corn.
- Cook it for 3-4 mins in medium flame or till the corns feels tender and aromatic
- Switch of the flame. Add in another tsp of butter, pepper and mix.
- Serve it warm!!

Notes:
- You can double the recipe and adjust the ingredients according to your taste
- Extra 1tsp is added to give final buttery taste.
- Add pepper powder at the end, If added while cooking it may not spread evenly. It may form lumps and stick here n there to the kernels which might later give you a bitter effect while eating.
- If you are calorie conscious either reduce the amt of butter used or use oil for the cooking process and lastly temper with 1tsp of butter for the buttery effect and taste.
- Since I used home made frozen sweetcorn I had already added some salt to my sweetcorn kernels. So dint had the need to add more salt.
- Butter also carries salt content, If you are using fresh kernels you may like to add up a little of salt or even omit it!!
- You may also squeeze in some lemon juice while eating. It will take the whole content to next level. But since I had cold I avoided lemon and just stick to buttery taste.

This is it for today!! do make and enjoy ur own Buttered Sweetcorn at home with your family!!


Share This

9 comments:

  1. lovely yaar,,, perfect snack :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely recipe! I welcome u to my & Monu's HM Besties Event #2 that is about "Wedding Anniversary Cakes & Sweets" ..Plz hop over & link ur lovely recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually have it when at the cinema and now I can have it at home too. Healthy and divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is like super temptign snack to have any time..

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates