Sunday 21 September 2014

Magic Custard Cake - My 1st Try

Magic Custard Cake - My 1st Try

Oh I never thought I will make it But I made? Oh yea I did!!

Ive seen the recipe long back and last week +Razina Javed's Post encouraged me to try my own version of this cake!! 


I went to few recipes which I had already saved and had the courage to do!! 


Baking without oven is the task sometime keep ur fingers always cross on what would be the end result.... like!


I found recipes in all website call for same measurement and method. So I stayed with Tast-e because author had showed step by step process it was useful for me to keep a check that way!!


This Article can be considered as my review towards magic custard cake


Recipe was followed to the core!!


But I did face some technical issues as I was not baking on oven but stove top... Sadly I couldn't get the golden crust on top but yes it turned out as it was suppose to be!! 


Recipe Follows 


Ingredients

½ cup unsalted butter (I used 100gms butter + 2tbsp oil)
2 cups milk
4 eggs separated, brought to room temperature
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar (dint had this)
150g icing sugar (3/4th cup) sweetness was just perfect!!
1 Tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or good quality vanilla extract)
1/8 teaspoon salt
115g flour (1cup)
¼ cup toffee bits and finely chopped chocolate (optional)

Directions

1.      Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2.      Melt butter in the microwave, and leave to cool.
3.      Warm milk in a saucepan to lukewarm. Set aside.
4.      Beat egg whites until a bit frothy.  Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff.  Set aside.
5.      Beat egg yolk and sugar until light.  Add vanilla and salt and beat until mixed.
6.      Add butter and water and beat for 2 minutes.
7.      Add flour and mix until incorporated.
8.      Pour in milk and whisk until smooth and incorporated.
9.      Fold in egg whites 1/3 at a time, using a whisk.  It will have some small lumps of whites.
10.   Pour in prepared baking pan – it will be very runny.  Sprinkle toffee and chocolate on top.
11.   Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the top is golden and the middle is still a bit jiggly.

12.   Cool, then refrigerate until cold. Store in the fridge.

Please visit the above mentioned blog for step by step pics!!



I know this is not the perfect one!! But its my try and im glad I tried it Atleast once!! 


No More Trials with this cake unless I get an oven lolz!!


Impression!!

- Cake smelled eggy!! So Warning to people who have problem with eggy smell. If one is fond of caramel pudding egg version then they will love this cake!!
- This cake got perfect 3 layers base layer was firm, center layer was custardy soft and upper layer was cake which was more soft.
Next time I would prefer more of cake part on top 
- My brother at 1st bite said eggy eggy!! but we both sprinkled lots of cocoa powder and had our treat 

Bitterness of cocoa went too well with this!!


At a point my bro broke this cake into pieces and started mashing up with cocoa powder, I asked him what are u doing????

"Im Killing the eggs inside" he replied!! Hahahaha

Served this to my dad with chocolate sauce!! I had a serving for myself with strawberry crush too!! And It was just yummmmmm


If you have an oven do try this its worth trying!! 



Sending this to FullScoop's Giveaway Event

Share This

22 comments:

  1. Wow so easily explained dear.. I was thinking that I can make it with normal custard powder too.. No idea .. Seriously I loved your version it is looking so great .. Adding chocolate sauce and cocoa powder is a good idea too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yess monu u should try this out!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Hey thanks for the mention...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome razi, your post last week really motivated me :)

      Delete
  3. looks too good....it must have tasted yumm with chocolate sauce and strawberry crush..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, ambitious making this on stove top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to u dear :) yours kept me motivated throughout

      Delete
  5. My mouth is watering here... this looks just so yum... I just want to put a little break of baking till I finish my shifting but now... u r tempting me to try this before my oven gets switched off! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Rafee you should really try this!! im sure your family will love it!! splly girls with lots of chocolate sauce over it :)

      Delete
  6. I love it and good try I must say. The cake is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake looks absolutely inviting. Delicious and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear,

    Thanks a lot for sharing your impressions. :)
    Even my family do not like egg smells in to cakes hence I always use less number of eggs recommended in a recipe, By looking pictures I was tempting to bake it....but now mmmm :(
    This is the reason I am scare to try Egg Pudding that requires lots of egg.


    ReplyDelete
  9. Droolicious......... Looks yummmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cake looks soft & delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah u did :D...it luks so fancy and YUMMM...luks like straight from the store...Good job Aara!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Aara this sure is a magic cake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm amazed as how did you 'bake' a cake on the stove!

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates