Monday 12 January 2015

Carrot Kheer

Carrot Kheer

Carrot Kheer is truely amazing and delicious Indian dessert, Either eat it hot or cold only these 2 temperatures serves the purpose right!! Hot taste different than the chilled version and I love both the ways!!



I recall when mom makes suji ki kheer I would like to eat 1 bowl hot hot really hot wow :D and the next turn would be along with others chilled :)
I dont know how many are like me, but you should surely taste it this way and find the yummy goodness found between both the extreme temperatures.

Getting back to recipe!! I really enjoyed making it!! but this time yes I wanted some volume unlike the orange kheer and was thinking about adding semolina to it!! As I browsed I found the recipe from Cookingwithsapna she has already made this kheer with semolina included!! gr8 my thoughts and imaginations matched to Google result :) 

Here goes the recipe as posted by sapna

Ingredients:
1 cup Carrots , grated
2 tablespoon Semolina/ Sooji 
1/4cup Sugar 
1 Cardamom , crushed
1 cup Milk 
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 tablespoon almonds , sliced
1 tablespoon raisins 
1 tablespoon pistachio , sliced
2 tablespoon clarified butter

Method:
Heat 1 tablespoon clarified butter in a pan add cardamom , pistachios , almonds and raisins until golden. Remove and keep aside
Add 1 tablespoon of more clarified butter in the same pan and add carrots and semolina . Cook until carrots are slightly tender for about 4-5 minutes.


Image on top from Sapna's blog!!


Add condensed milk and whole milk and cook on low flame until carrots are mixed together with milk. 
Add sugar and cook for 5 minutes more , add fried nuts and serve hot or cold . 


Notes: 
Though the recipe was followed to the core I did not fry the nuts & raisins in ghee
I just used chopped Almonds from top, and it tasted really delicious :)

Do try and let us know how it turned!! 




sending my entry to Cook with Comfort Event


Share This

15 comments:

  1. Amazing and delicious looking kheer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing... I am drooling out here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful click dear :) pass me the whole bowl :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the recipe. I am certainly impressed. I have all the ingredients. See if I can a tiny amount tomorrow. Just love the addition of carrot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious dear,yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy and delicious kheer. Very tempting one. Just loved it. Wish I could make it just as the same u have made. I have jotted down the recipe will surely prepare and share the feedback with u. Thank u for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious kheer...loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi finally I have prepared the dish by my own and it turned out good and tasty of course. All thanks to u again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy
    HAppy to follow you
    please link your recipes to my evnt
    http://remyasean.blogspot.in/2015/01/first-blog-anniversary-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates